[Geysers] Giant... and Dome

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 14 09:04:40 PDT 2006

I'm back in the park, but managed to miss the Giant last night (4/13); it
was seen i.e. by I'm not sure who at 1820.  (I heard the report from Katy
Duffy.)  Stu and I were busy watching the formerly-red-collared bear eating
on a bison carcass at Black Sand.  Now I'm hoping for companions before
heading down basin, since in between meals, the grizz is taking a stroll
over towards Daisy.  Last week apparently it had a carcass near Mallard Lake
trailhead, and between meals there was strolling Geyser Hill.

Stu and I did bike down basin in the afternoon of 4/12:  Grotto was i.e.
around 1600, Castle looked like it had minored, Aurum erupted at 1654.

Dome was active 4/12 in the afternoon, and Matt thinks the steam cloud
yesterday could have been Dome also.

Carolyn