[Geysers] the latest Yellowstone TV commercial...

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 31 18:10:58 PST 2005

I don't think it's going to be controversial, but I did see a new TV
commercial today featuring our favorite geyser star, Old Faithful.  This
time, it's Comcast.

The spot begins with a realistic-looking NPS brown-and-white "Old Faithful
Geyser" sign, then moves to a ranger announcing that Old Faithful erupts
"every 91 minutes."  Then, Old Faithful begins to erupt--and actually, it's
a fairly decent computer rendering of the geyser, far superior to the
Metamucil and Avis versions.  But wait!  It's transforming into a glorious
set of colored fountains, a la the Bellagio!  The crowd is amazed!  The
ranger is speechless!

If I remember correctly, the idea was that Comcast will deliver more than
you were expecting.  Of course, I think that the commercial could have
simply cut away from Old Faithful to a full blown major eruption of Fan &
Mortar and had a similar effect, but anyway...

- Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com