[Geysers] Re: Geyser Report 10/28/05 (Stephens)

OutWest4Us outwest4us at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 30 08:21:00 PST 2005

Hi Lynn,

My name is Rene' and I'm fairly new to the geyser
list.  :-)   Anyway, you missed all the snow!   We
walked around the Upper Geyser Basin yesterday and it
snowed the entire time.  We got up there around Noon
and left around 3:30pm....the only eruptions we saw
were the ever beautiful Old Faithful and Rusty down in
the Biscuit Basin.   We had just missed Sawmill and
everything else was quiet when we walked by.   Doesn't
matter though, it's all beautiful especially in the
snow when the crowds are gone.  :-)

The bald eagle was so majestic...and all the elk and
bison were still out in the same places as you
mentioned, nothing in Whiskey Flats though.   Didn't
make it anywhere else in the park yesterday as we
arrived too late and it was snowing heavy enough that
we needed to get out before it got too bad.   West
Yellowstone was dry as a bone and so much was closed
already.   About 3-4 miles out of West though, it was
snowing like crazy and stayed that way all around the
Hebgen and Earthquake areas.   It was real slow
driving.

Hope to run into some of you in the park one day.

Rene'