[Geysers] molten sulfur hot springs

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Oct 21 16:21:52 PDT 2005

Steve Miller wrote: "About 1 mile SW of Nympha Lake is a group of thermal
features. At least 2 of the pools in this area have "some" sulfur nodules
floating on the surface.
one pool is very large (30' x 50') and looks to have at least 3 vents feeding
it. The nodules seem to orginate from a deeper vent at on end of the pool."

I say... this is probably identical to the spring Jeff Cross wrote about, as
the "Thermal Area West of Norris" is in fact only a short distance southwest
of Nymph Lake.

And Scott Kronholm wrote: "I know of one other spring that is similar.  It is
located in the Norris Geyser Basin.  If I remember correctly, I think it was
quite a distance to the northwest of the porcelain basin area.  If i find out
anything else I will post it."

I say... this sounds suspiciously like Cinder Pool itself. Having been out
"northwest of the porcelain basin [sic] area" a great many times, I am 100%
convinced that Cinder is the only spring out there that bears sulfur nodules.