[Geysers] Geyser Report 11-28-05

Mike Keller KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com
Mon Nov 28 19:12:51 PST 2005

Just got back from vacation and spent a little time the basin-

PLH-Overflowing and having eruptions to 2-4 feet every few minutes

I missed Grand but estimate the interval to have been around 7.5 hours.

Sawmill was active all day.  There is snow in Penta's runoff implying it
hasn't erupted in a while

Giant had at least one eruption between 11/09 and 11/28.  I saw 2 hot
periods today and given the activity in Giant I would estimate it has been
at least 5 days since it erupted.  Both hot periods lasted around 3 minutes,
but melted snow around Giant implies it is having larger hot periods than
the ones I saw today.

Grotto and Grotto Fountain were 0943ie, off at 1620, and Grotto was 1709ie.

The marker on Fan and Mortar is still in place.

MK