[Geysers] RE: Dolena Geizerov web site

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat Nov 26 07:04:54 PST 2005

In a message dated 11/25/2005 7:34:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
korycollier at msn.com writes:

o  Methodical [osnovi] of registration of the parameters of the  [rezhim]
o ?? Potential registration of communicative lines on  the geyser Troinoi
??
(That doesn't make much sense to me - this is  referring to that graph you
see if you click on the link - it has that  exact same line as the title to
the graph.)

Having been to Dolina Geizerov... I can make several comments about the
translated Russian webpage:

-- the "[rezhim]" is undoubtedly "regime", a term the Russians use a lot in
all physical science literature.

-- might the Troinoi stuff be talking about "communication" during  eruptions
between the vents, of which there are three major and several minor.  (?)

The Russians seem to have long been fascinated by the concept of mixing,  and
so have done experiments in which they pour cold water into a geyser:
Quathegy ["Quantum Theory of Geysers"], Malenkii Printz [a.k.a., Prince  Buratino],
and others. The Russians have called this procedure  "hydrosounding."

Also copied from the translation were the following:

 o Troinoi Geyser (Same kind of stuff as with Giant.  On the map,  you can
see Troinoi.  Across the river are "Sugary" and right below it  "Neighbor."
Next to the map, the graph's first column is "beginning of  eruption," then
"between eruptions," followed by "period of production" and  "period of
peace.")

I respond:
Bear in mind (might some gazers not know this?), following the 1991
expedition to Kamchatka I/we produced a special issue of the GOSA Transactions.  In it
is an excellent and, in fact, highly accurate map of the Valley of  Geysers.
In it, too, are descriptions of all major geysers (including Troinoi  [which
we had as Troynoy], Sakharnyi [Sugary], and Sosed [Neighbor]). With  photos.
With activity tables. Etc.

***NOTE: On both the Giant page and the Troinoi page, you can click  the link
to the left of the DivX Icon to see videos of the geysers  erupting.  I
haven't seen Yellowstone's Giant or Russia's Giant in  person, but now at
least I've seen Russia's Giant on video!

And if you wish to see Velikan and Troinoi and many, many other geysers in
eruption, the GosaStore also has my 1-hour video.