[Geysers] Geyser report May 27

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri May 27 17:59:40 PDT 2005

Today a day with absolutely no-zero clouds, little breeze (too little at
times) and a temperature of 71 when I got back to West. A morning of gazing, an
afternoon with naturalists' training on which (mostly from afar) we saw Plume,
 Aurum, Castle, Grand, Daisy, Giant Hot Period, and Riverside.

Yesterday's Grand, on which I departed upon the D0, turned out to be a
D6/T1C, interval of 8h 53m. This morning's Grand was D0/G1Q (interval unknown)
followed by a --2C after just 6h 48m.

Daisy had an interval of 2h 40m followed by one of close to or equal  to 3
hours.

Castle was all normal majors for the last day plus.

Riverside gave an interval of only 6h 06m.

An Oblong interval was 5h 43m.

Plume intervals of 65, 111/2, and 58 minutes.

Depression was reported in the afternoon.

Beehive had been in the early am, probably around 0300 given that the first
splashing was seen around 1000, so a probable interval on the order of 17 or
18  hours with Little Squirt active the afternoon and evening before.

Aurum erupted a few minutes after noon, behind my back while I was yakking,
then at 1547, so an interval near 3 1/2 hours.

The biggie, perhaps, was the Giant Hot Period at 0910. The duration was
about 10m 20s and there was super-heavy overflow through most of it, frequent
surging by Mastiff to 4+ feet, Turtle to maybe 1 foot, and etc. But no eruption.
This was the post-Marathon recovery. The next hot period, at 1510 (interval
exactly 6 hours) lasted about 6 minutes and was quite weak.

Artemisia's team cloud was sighted at 0900, making the interval 18h 45m  from
yesterday's steam cloud.

Fountain was reported to be on short-mode, but I have no specifics.