[Geysers] Geyser update May 13

Joeerg at aol.com Joeerg at aol.com
Sun May 15 04:26:06 PDT 2005

In 2002 we set out to the west from St. Louis with both of us having the
worst kind of gross colds you can imagine...I mention this only because the
Sudafed supply ran dry (so to speak) and we could not find any more for hundreds of
miles.  The problem was compounded by the absolute absence of other necessary
products that were not along with us in the car.  In fact, we were convinced
that there was no Sudafed in South Dakota or Wyoming, until we arrived at
Riverton, and the girl at the register at a quick stop where we filled the car,
knew that Contac was in fact Sudafed.  She'd graduated from the local high
school and had never been more than 20 miles from Riverton, but she knew about
Contac.  That same day we were in 80+ heat looking at the wagon ruts and freezing
at Hells Half Acre and more than freezing as we crossed the mountains into
Moran Jct and it got down to 26 and snowed.  And this is only the tip of the
iceberg (so to speak, as well).

Having said all that, we have great empathy for your cold and hope you feel
better soon, and that you are well supplied with whatever remedies help you.

Debby Stahl