[Geysers] Road opening/lecture opportunity

MA Bellingham mabell126 at bresnan.net
Tue Mar 22 12:12:02 PST 2005

>From M.A. Bellingham

For those of you planning on being first to Lower Hams on the 22nd, I
thought I would mention a lecture at the Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman
the night before road opening.

Thursday, April 21 :: Dr. David Ward, Yellowstone's Charismatic
Microorganisms
Dr. David Ward, Professor, Land Resources and Environmental Sciences, and
his students have been studying microorganisms in Yellowstone hot springs
since 1977. To provide background on what causes the colors in hot springs
he will give an overview of the diversity of extremophile life in different
types of hot springs. His presentation will explain how our use of molecular
approaches ("DNA evidence") to investigate one of these colorful hot spring
microbial communities is providing fundamental insights into the nature of
microbial species and the structure and function of microbial communities.

The lecture is at 7pm, free to Museum members, $2 for the public.

Museum of the Rockies  http://www.montana.edu/wwwmor/

See you at Lower Hams.

MA

M.A. Bellingham