[Geysers] Research

Scott Kronholm dieselsk at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 11:27:03 PST 2005

Hey everybody,
     This isn't directly geyser related, but I thought
I would ask anyway.  If anyone had an answer for me I
knew this would be the best place to ask.

     I'm a college student who has been on the server
for a few years now.  My senior research project is
due next year, but I am trying to get a head start on
it.  So, I was wondering if it would be a good project
to look at the effects of tidal forces (caused by the
moons gravity) on a geysers interval and/or duration?
Does anyone know if this would be a possible project
for me to do?  If so, is there anyone who would know
where I could find some information relating to it.  I
figured I would use Old Faithful as the subject of my
study because I could use the old data logger info
that is still online.

     I would like any comments that anyone has to say.
 Thanks for your time.

Scott Kronholm
St. Paul, Minnesota