[Geysers] Volcano topics

Greg Wimpey gwimpey at mines.edu
Mon Mar 14 09:18:23 PST 2005

As the topic of discussions regarding volcanoes (i.e., Mt. St. Helens)
recently came up, I thought I would pass along some links where one can
go to find out more without excessive cluttering of this list with
volcano threads.  Many of you are probably already familiar with some or
all of these.

*Cascades Volcano Observatory: you probably know about this one
http://vulcan.wr.usgs.gov/

*Michigan Tech Volcanoes Page: lots of links
http://www.geo.mtu.edu/volcanoes/

* Volcano LISTSERV:  announcements and some discussion
Information at http://geology.asu.edu/volc/volcano.html

* Smithsonian Global Volcanism Program:
http://www.volcano.si.edu

*Volcano World: Lots of information on practically every recently active
volcano.  http://volcano.und.nodak.edu/

*USGS Volcano Hazards: http://volcanoes.usgs.gov

*International Association of Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's
Interior, home of the "pros": http://www.iavcei.org/

*How Volcanoes Work (South Dakota State U.):
http://www.geology.sdsu.edu/how_volcanoes_work/index.html