[Geysers] More Beehive and Moon

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Mar 14 08:06:23 PST 2005

Although I'm quite certain that a number of you think I'm nuts... attached to
this mail is a revised and expanded chart of Beehive and vicinity activity
from mid-April 2004 to the end of February 2005. Again, great thanks to Ralph
Taylor who has now provided me with the electronic log for Plume (during that
entire time span) -- Plume, by the way, has been continuously active since
December 8.

I revise my thought regarding the relationship between Geyser Hill (most
specifically, Beehive) activity and the times of New and 1st Quarter Moon (that
is, during Waxing Crescent). On the attached chart, I have now added (along the
36 hour line) the times of those two phases and, below (once, above) those are
gray rectangles that span the time between the phases. You can see that even
when Beehive got much more erratic in late 2004, the long interval peaks still
at least came close to that time frame -- very shortly before New Moon in
November and December, but again within during January and February. Tis curious,
yes?

In summary, Beehive's long interval peaks fell:
within Waxing Crescent: April, May, June, July, September, October 2004 and
January and February 2005

barely after Waxing Crescent: August 2004

shortly before Waxing Crescent: November and December 2004

"Hmmmmm," he said again.