[Geysers] re: Mt St Helens - Links for updated News & USGS briefs

V ynp4me at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 21:04:55 PST 2005

Hi everyone!

I received quite a bit of email off list about
Mt St Helens news links and USGS questions.

Here is where you can find the latest information
in a snap!

I use Google News quite often and this link
will take you to the newest news posted on
Google about Mt St Helens
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&ie=UTF-8&q=mt+St+helens&scoring=d

USGS Updates on MSH

The most Current USGS news on MSH
gets posted here daily

http://vulcan.wr.usgs.gov/Volcanoes/Cascades/CurrentActivity/current_updates.html

I scroll down to < Recent observations > as that
is the information I am usually looking for.

EARTHQUAKE Links

The USGS earthquake site is here
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqs

Then click on the Quakes for whatever area
you are interested in.  (Red, yellow or Blue
Boxes mark where the quakes happen)
Then underneath the map, click on
Earthquake List and it will list all quakes for
the boxes!

As for General Yellowstone news-
I post everything I can find on Yellowstone news,
almost daily here -
http://www.yellowstone.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=3

I am YNP4me in the Author section.  The first
post I do on a topic is always the newstory and
usually has the date the newstory was posted
in the subject line.

I hope this helps!
Vicky