[Geysers] Brief geyser report

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Jun 29 19:18:20 PDT 2005

Due to tours and book editing, I have been in the park (as an independent
gazer) for about 3 hours in the last 5 days but given the lack of reports on
this listserv, I pulled the Grand, Beehive and Great Fountain info for those
days (6/25 into today, 6/29).

GRAND -- Paul commented about a "change" starting with the 4 burst  eruption.
Well... what change? The following will show little or none, and  certainly
nothing to bank on. As will the (very limited) record of bursts, the  only six
recorded in the VC logbook being: T1Q, T1C, 1 burst, -2Q, 2 bursts, and  -1C.
The most recent 13 intervals, ending with the 0841 eruption this morning:  6h
39m, 6h 59m, 6h 54m, 7h 13m, 9h 51m (Rifted), 6h 58m, 9h 07m, 6h 29m, 7h 01m,
8h 28m, 8h 15m, 6h 06m, and 8h 31m.

BEEHIVE does apparently have a monitor on it now, but no doubt it won't be
downloaded for quite some time. Meanwhile, per observations and belief, the
most  recent four intervals were 20h 33m (Indicator greater than 10), 24h 36m
(Ind =  11), 23h 45m (Ind = 7), and 26h 57m (Ind = 11).

GREAT FOUNTAIN is now under Lynn Stephen's watch. Over the last 5 days, all
overflow has been between 80 and 92 minutes, and there were pauses of 0, 0, 0,
 7, 0, 2, and 6 minutes. The most recednt seven intervals: 12h 44m, 14h 36m,
12h  39m, 11h 46m, 12h 30m, 11h 55m, and 13h 21m.

That's all for now, on that.

Good news, bad news, and good? news.

Good. The page proofs for my "Geysers: What They Are and How They Work"  with
corrections and comments will be on the way back to Missoula tomorrow.
Release is scheduled for October. Expanded now to 76 pages, price is posted  online
as $12.00, ISBN 0-87842-509-8.

Bad. The Director at University Press of Colorado now says he probably  won't
be wanting the manuscript for the 4th Edition of "The Geysers of
Yellowstone" until 2007, as they have at least two years worth of copies in  stock.

Good?. The same Director at UPofC says something doesn't sound right. He is
asking for a full accounting. So who knows.