[Geysers] Question re "muddy" Steamboat

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Jun 16 06:47:16 PDT 2005

In a message dated 6/15/2005 6:35:05 PM Mountain Standard Time,
mwjohnson at lanl.gov writes:

In the  recent photos of the major, it is quite obvious that the column from
the  (presumably) south vent is at least slightly muddy.  The Bruce Chase
photos show not only a distinct color difference between the two columns,
but also some really grungy brown stuff at the base of the right-hand
column.

I begin this with a " ? " because, although I haven't downloaded all the
photos that have been listed as available, those that I have (especially by
"Stick") do NOT show the difference cited by Dr. Johnson, except as might be
caused by slightly different lighting. Any other takes on the topic?