[Geysers] Heart Lake

Ken Bills felthane at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 03:21:53 PDT 2005

Seems to me its a little further than 3 miles in, more like 5 or 6 to upper
group.  Hike is not that strenuous, though it is mostly through burned
forest, and somewhat monotonous, especially the last miles on the way home
(I remember one member of our party hating the last part of the march so bad
he dubbed it 'heart-attack lake').  If you're gonna go as far as the upper
group, might as well go to the lake.

Was it me, or was trail moved sometime in last decade or so to make it
farther from the thermal features?

In any event, the area around Rustic Geyser and the lake is self is
exceptional on most days, and though  you will feel the grade on the way
out, it isn't as steep as Monument or as steep and long as 7 mile.

Ken Bills