[Geysers] Heart Lake

Karen Webb caros at aros.net
Sat Jun 11 17:25:46 PDT 2005

Karen Webb
I have a question similar to Miller's but was wondering specifically
what anyone's take on Heart Lake would be for a vigorous 8yo (also for a
mom who's had knee surgery).  If we just go the 3 miles till you reach
the Upper group and don't go all the way to Rustic, is it still worth
the trip?  I've heard different things about how severe the altitude
change is -- are we talking Monument or 7 Mile Hole here (up doesn't
seem to bother my knee, but a steep enough incline down is pretty bad),
or the gentle parts of Observation Point?  Thanks!
Karen