[Geysers] Suggestions for upcoming trip to Yellowstone

Timothy A. Holmes (W8TAH) w8tah at zoominternet.net
Fri Jun 10 07:22:34 PDT 2005

LONE STAR -- i took the ranger lead hike back there this last summer
(more for the company than anything else) and it was a great experience

Beyond that heres my must see list -- Not everyone will agree with me,
nor are all of them active right now

- Old Faithful -- DUH
- Grand
- Castle
- Grotto
- Plume
- Anemones
- Beehive -- get a good seat and wait for it
- Great fountain
- Clypsidra
- Lone Star
- Riverside

That ought to get you started.  If you can -- as soon as you get into
the park, pick up a copy of Scott Bryans book -- The Geysers Of
Yellowstone and start looking through that -- its a wonderful refernce.

TIM