[Geysers] Geyser Report: Giant/Grotto, May 26-June 1

Steve Robinson geysirs at comcast.net
Sun Jun 5 08:46:34 PDT 2005

I have a little to add to this. On Tuesday morning when I went down to
Giant. Bijou was on strong, but no apparent hot period had occurred. I had
observed Bijou from 0530 till the hot period at 0811. Instead of Bijou
weakening after a hot period until it was hard to tell if it was on, in a
slowdown or  a shutdown as was typical for my prior 10 days observation,
opening weekend and closing weekend last fall, Bijou was on fairly strong
right up to the hot period at 0811 with regular slowdown and shutdowns.
Something in the Giant complex has changed in my opinion. I am not saying
that this is good, bad or indifferent, just a change.

The recovery hot period on June 1st was at:
2024 d=4:02 Mastiff surge to just 1 foot in the first minute of the hot
period. India was safe.

June 2nd
0617 Grotto Fountain
0620 Grotto
0648 Giant hot period, d=2:50 Feather and the SW vents were the only vent
involved. Mastiff only overflowed a little, India was safe again

Steve Robinson