[Geysers] Splendid boils

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat Jul 30 05:55:13 PDT 2005

In a message dated 7/29/2005 9:26:11 PM Mountain Standard Time,
caroloren98 at hotmail.com writes:

While  waiting for Daisy I fairly frequently see 2 to 3 foot boils from
Splendid...

Yes, but... are these from Splendid's main vent or from the vent we call  the
"side boiler"? My money is that Carolyn is seeing the side boiler,  which is
"always" active. When viewed from the north side, it is somewhat  closer to
the boardwalk than is the main vent. Telling the difference between  main and
side can be difficult. The significant thing about my report is  that it was
main vent that was seen (side boiler, too), and certainly no  eruptive activity
by Splendid is possible without action in main  vent.