[Geysers] West Thumb 7-13-05

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Jul 18 20:18:14 PDT 2005

In a message dated 7/18/2005 8:48:00 PM Mountain Standard Time,
ralpht at iglou.com writes:

The overlook for  Potts Hot Spring Basin is the large pullout to the east of
the road about a  mile north of West Thumb Junction, past Lone Star Geyser

Errrr.. methinks Ralph meant to say Lone PINE Geyser, else Yellowstone is
somewhat smaller than I thought. Also let me add that the pullout is at the top
of the hill -- driving north from Thumb Junction, there is that stretch along
 the lakeshore. The road then veers away from the lake and uphill. Curving
back  to the right (north), things flatten out and just as the road begins the
downslope is the very large pull out.