[Geysers] Geyser short summary

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat Jul 9 18:27:59 PDT 2005

I have been able to spend rather little time in the basins lately, and when
I have it seems that "everything" has already gone off. But since there seem
to  be no other reports of recent note, I can say these couple of things:

I will take some of the blame for the fact that a Fountain wild phase  failed
to get reported on Thursday, July 7 (I didn't have my notebook with me !  ),
but it was so circa 1330.

In Biscuit Basin, the Silver Globe Complex is doing some rather fine stuff
-- the Pool and Cave are having the biggest eruptions in 2 or 3 or more years.
I've seen the Pool reach at least 10 feet above its water level, and the Cave
to  jet outward 15 or 20 feet.... Unfortunately, in Biscuit, too, "Outpost"
and  (especially) "Sentry" are rather weak, I've seen nothing whatsoever from
either  "Green Bubbler" or "Yellow Bubbler," and "Red Mist" only occasionally
jets a bit  of slightly-pressured steam.

The most recent info for Fan and Mortar:
June 29 @1725
July 2-3 overnight
July 5 early am
July 8-9 overnight.