[Geysers] C. Max Bauer's son

Mike O'Brien obrien at rush.aero.org
Tue Jul 5 00:46:37 PDT 2005

	I was in Anaheim Hills today at a small (relatively) July 4th
celebration in a park there, and chanced across an old man in a wheelchair
who was reminiscing to some folks I was with.  He used to be an Air Force
colonel, helped design the P-38 and (and here's where my ears pricked up)
used to be a ranger in Yellowstone.

	I talked to him for a while later, and he talked about his father,
who was a geologist there.  Some of you may have heard of him: C. Max Bauer.

	Yep, that's right, C. Max Bauer's son is alive, over 90 years old,
and living in Anaheim.

	I'm sorry I didn't manage to catch the son's name, but I suspect
it might have been Harry L. Bauer.

Mike O'Brien