[Geysers] Sput comments

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Jul 1 04:54:44 PDT 2005

In a message dated 7/1/2005 12:14:42 AM Mountain Standard Time,
KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com writes:

For what it is worth,  I have seen “Topsoil” splash/bubble like this several
times over the years,  most of them a few hours after Grand has  erupted.

I wonder if Mike misstated in some fashion -- or at least, define "a few
hours after Grand" which could as easily be a few hours before, or between
or..........? This year's occasion when I saw the biggest splashes (again,  perhaps
up to 1 foot) was right after Grand -- Vent and Turban were still  going.

Item #2 -- I've never been clear on the Key versus Shoe business, but has
anybody else had the idea that Key is that (presently) orange thing that is,
indeed, shaped like a Key much more than it is like a shoe AND that Shoe was/is
that smaller hole that is closer to Grand?