[Geysers] OF Visitor Education Center

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 06:39:40 PST 2005

The Billings Gazette had an article about the OFVC on Thursday.  http://billingsgazette.com/index.php?id=1&display=rednews/2005/01/27/build/wyoming/30-vistor-center.inc

Got to love paragraph 8:
"About 85 percent of visitors to Yellowstone go to Old Faithful. In the peak season, thousands wait on the boardwalk for the eruption and then - in a phenomenon called "geyser flush" - quickly head for the visitor center. "

And I used to think that "geyser flush" referred to Anemone.

Karen Low

TSBryan at aol.com wrote:

Noted the other day is that the Environmental Assessment document (69 pages) for the new OFVEC is available online (any comments due to YNP by March 10). But wondering since things were still a bit loose last I'd heard, I queried about the funding. The following was received today from Beth Kaeding, Interpretive Planner, YNP:

"Yes, funding for the OFVEC is secured -- YPF [Yellowstone Park Foundation] has its $15 million and FY '06 line item construction has the additional $11 million in it. Construction is scheduled to begin April 2006.."

So this year we get to put up with OF Inn things, next year apparently Inn and VC.

Scot Bryan

http://mail.yahoo.com