[Geysers] Re: Geysersite at Smithsonian

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Jan 26 21:31:04 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/26/2005 17:41:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mabell126 at bresnan.net writes:

>From this place we ran a wagon as far as possible with animals then with men,
towards the famous Geyser cone, now in the National Museum in Washington,
which was nearly two miles,   by a circuitous route, to the foot of the bluffs
beyond the Paint-Pots.
-------

Comment that I cannot resist, regarding location/source of this cone. If
(maybe a big "if") we presume that this place is Geyser Springs, and if "we ran a
wagon as far as possible" but that that left men to trek nearly two miles,
then the source of this cone was NOT on or near a road, however primitive.

If not on or near a road, then it was not Oblique Geyser. Avalanche maybe,
but not Oblique.

Sorry.

Scott