[Geysers] Geyser Report 1/15/05

Mike Keller KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com
Wed Jan 19 20:39:34 PST 2005

Pat,

The timing of the hot period starts with the first vent to begin erupting in
front of Giant's cone.  Usually this is Feather, but it can also be Rust or
the Southwest Vents.  The key is knowing the activity of the Platform
Vents-sometimes the Southwest Vents will spit on and off several times but
never truly start, or start 30 seconds after Feather is on.

Your comments on a Bathtub are basically correct.  Mastiff will fill to a
point an inch or two below overflow.  Vents in front of Giant's cone will
overflow and the Southwest Vents will sputter, but no hot period takes
place.

I will write this up in more detail.  Look in the February or April SPUT for
more info!

MK