[Geysers] FCC GMRS Radio License Fees

Pat Snyder riozafiro at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 14 21:27:02 PST 2005

I bought a license using my FRN (FCC Registration Number) as part of a
Christmas present for my best friend's son, which included a set of
GMRS radios. Nice gift, I know. He's a budding gazer and I hope,
someday, that he'll use his new radios in Yellowstone. In the meantime,
he's getting a kick out of the radios while he is skateboarding with
friends. I am not sure about when he gives the second radio to buddies
to use--what the deal is with that as far as a license goes. But I
thought he should have one, anyway. My understanding from the site is
that he will get his own call number once the paperwork is completed,
just like I did.

My license is good through 2008.