[Geysers] Henderson Geyser History/Transactions

MA Bellingham mabell126 at bresnan.net
Sun Jan 9 12:39:57 PST 2005

I am heading to Park County for 6 days and will have no email access.  I
like Udo's idea of Henderson as a Transactions article. I spoke with Lee
Whittlesey about it and he agrees.  The fun part of the document is that the
layout is formatted as Henderson's ie newspaper layout, with the same line
breaks, etc, which give you a sense of the style of the 1880's.

Scott, would it be possible to publish in Transactions as a facsimile, or
would you prefer a regular Word-style document?

The other thing Lee and I discussed is annotating them for the modern
reader.  Henderson "named" many features on his own which are currently
known today by other completely different official Place Names.  I would be
willing to do this work, largely citing Wonderland Nomenclature, with Lee
getting the final read and by-line.

I am sending this to the entire list, since some of you have responded with
requests for Henderson to the list while some requests came directly to me.
I thought this would be more efficient.

Headed for Wonderland to commemorate the 10th anniversary wolf
reintroduction.  I will be back at a computer January 16.

To keep this on a geyser subject, I will stop by Soda Butte sometime this
week.  Hey, it LOOKS like Castle!

Best,

MA

MA Bellingham