[Geysers] BBC Supervolcano

Tricia triciamiller at beeb.net
Mon Feb 28 15:07:04 PST 2005

Hello

We do not usually comment because we are so far away that nothing we say is
relevant!  However we thought we should say something about the BBC2
programme.  There was indeed a programme about  "Supervolcanoes".  But it
was aired in February 2000 and is definitely not the same programme that
they were filming in Yellowstone recently.  The BBC were going to show a
docudrama about the volcano in Yellowstone and there were due to be two
accompanying programmes on BBC.  But they have postponed the showing of
these programmes following the Tsunami disaster on 26th December 2004.  They
did indicate that the programmes would be shown but did not give a date.

I have obviously no idea what will be aired on the Discovery Channel in
April but if there is only one programme being shown it may be the older
one.

Best wishes

Tricia Miller

  _____