[Geysers] Yellowstone Whispers

Lucille Reilly thedulcimerlady at juno.com
Wed Feb 9 10:11:03 PST 2005

Hi,

VERY interesting article.  Perhaps in the YNP case, the wind might catch
the tree needles (or something else) in such a way as to create sound?
Many years ago, I performed an outdoor concert in a New Jersey state park
bordering the Delaware Bay.  There were storms all around the area that
day, producing a strong enough wind to set the F# strings on my hammered
dulcimer into vibration.  I have played many outdoor concerts in the 20
years or so since, some in windy conditions, but haven't encountered this
"voluntary singing" again in all that time.

Lucille Reilly