[Geysers] Geyser Report 12-15-05

Mike Keller KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com
Thu Dec 15 19:16:14 PST 2005

Continuing cold in YNP with lows below zero in the early mornings and highs
in the low teens during the day.

PLH has been in overflow the past couple of days.

Sawmill continues to dominate the Sawmill Group

Grand continues to erupt on 6.5-8 hour intervals.  In the past few days I
have only seen one eruption which had just one burst.

Giant's hot periods have improved greatly in the past few days.  On 12/14
just as I came into view of Giant from the old road I saw Mastiff erupting
to about 8 feet.  Shortly after this Feather stopped (pause of about 8
seconds) then all the vents in front of the cone restarted.  Vertical
surging in Giant went over the top and south side of the cone but it did not
erupt.  Today (12/15) I arrived just in time once again to find Giant in a
hot period.  While Mastiff did not appear to surge higher than 4 feet, it
overflowed heavily and covered "India" in almost an inch of water.

Fan and Mortar's marker is still in place.  "Bottom/Arch" Vent is very
active so some sort of event cycles continue to happen.

In the Myriad Group there doesn't appear to be any major changes to activity
observed in the fall.  Basin Spring is still active on intervals of 3-15
minutes.

MK