[Geysers] Geyser Report 12-01-05

Mike Keller KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com
Thu Dec 1 19:15:00 PST 2005

Weather has been very poor the past few days with high winds and snow.

PLH is full, overflowing, and having small minor eruptions to a few feet
every few minutes.

I have not seen an eruption of Plume but it does not appear to be dormant.

The "close to cone" Indicator was erupting by Beehive on 11/30.

Sawmill has been active every day.  There is no evidence Penta has erupted
in at least a week.

Grand has been having intervals of 7.5-9 hours based on double intervals
overnight.  I have seen two eruptions, each having 2 bursts.

After speaking with Katy Duffy, Giant erupted on 11/24 at 1440ie.  I do not
know if it erupted between 11/02 and 11/24.  There was a marathon eruption
of Grotto that ended around 11am on 11/30.  I left Giant at 1800 and it had
not yet had the recovery hot period.  At 1020am on 12/01 the signs were
still in place but wash in the snow implied Giant had recently had a hot
period.

"Solstice" Geyser has been active every day I have been to Giant.  The only
time I have seen it pause was following marathon eruptions of Grotto.

The only closed interval on Daisy I have was 2h 33m.

The marker is still in place on Fan and Mortar.

I made a quick stop at the Fountain Paint Pots on 12/01.  There is no
evidence Silex has erupted recently.  Fountain was low and the water around
it was steaming implying it had recently erupted.  While at Fountain I saw
Honeycomb Geyser and NTFL in eruption in the Kaleidoscope area.

MK