[Geysers] Geyser report August 21

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Aug 21 12:27:27 PDT 2005

I've only been into the Park as a gazer for some brief time yesterday and
this morning, so I don't have a lot of personal observations. But I did download
 from the logbook.

GRAND from Friday, 8/19 to this morning 8/21: 7h 38m (G2C), 6h 31m (G4Q --
yes, 4 bursts), missing time giving a double interval of 17h 35m ending with a
T3C, 6h 31m, 9h 55m, and 6h 59m.

CASTLE yesterday and today: 0625 minor, 1623 major [minor interval 9h 58m],
0622 minor (interval 13h 59m), 0939ns major [minor interval 3h 17m].

BEEHIVE might have gone back to long intervals. From 1734 (Indicator 9
minutes) on August 18, it was not seen at all on the 19th and then erupted at  0650
on the 20th. That gives an interval of 37h 16m, and that might be a single
interval. From yesterday to today at 0852 (Little Squirt ie), it seems very
certain that this was a single interval of 26h 02m (Indicator 12 minutes).

Other basic info:

I was up at Daisy for an eruption yesterday. My guess was that the eruption
was not more than 40, possibly 50 feet high. Another gazer's guess was 60 feet
 "maybe." There was no wind. The eruption seemed to consist much more of
bursting  than of jetting. Before the eruption there was very heavy overflow from
Brilliant Pool... whatever that might mean.

Giant apparently had a 10-minute hot period with a wide 4-foot Mastiff
yesterday. But Grotto was in marathon this morning.

No Fan and Mortar at 13-plus days.

The last Plumes remain those of August 15.

Silex has not had another eruptive episode since that of last
Thursday-Friday, August 18-19.