[Geysers] RE: Short Early Grotto Postmarathon

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Wed Aug 17 17:34:42 PDT 2005

One thing about these short post-marathons.  I've seen two types.  In one
there is no Grotto Marathon, but Grotto just sort of sloshes a bit, then
builds up strength and - by gosh - it sure looks like an eruption.  Then
Grotto fades away and stops after 25-30 minutes.

The other kind is what Scott (and previously moi) saw this year.  A full
blown Grotto Marathon, then a real Grotto start (big whoosh, etc.) then a
real Rocket.  Then a real stop.

Also, the one I saw (and I assume Scott also) this year took place at the
expected time for the true post-Marathon eruption - many hours after the end
of the marathon.

Paul Strasser

  _____