[Geysers] Posting images in/with emails

Jere Bush jereb at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 23 18:48:03 PDT 2005

>From Jere Bush (jereb at earthlink.net)

Earthlink published an excellent article on reducing the byte count of
images for inclusion with emails. See the link:

http://www.earthlink.net/elink/issue69/tech.html

I have experimented with the technique described for Windows XP and reduced
the size of my "Slideshow" screen saver file from 13 MB to 1 MB. I am quite
happy with the resulting image quality for screen saver purposes. I tried
the technique with .jpg and .bmp files. I also found that the XP procedure
attaches the image rather than embeds it in the email.

Attached is an image from late 2004. The original was 867 kB .jpg and I
easily created a 65 kB ,jpg without changing the original file. I used the
default 480 x 640 reduction option.

jereb