[Geysers] About Mt. St. Helens in 1980 and the geysers

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Thu Sep 30 21:33:42 PDT 2004

I lived in Bozeman at the time, and drove down to Old Faithful two days
after the big eruption at St. Helens (I still recall the very weird weather
forecast that included "chance of volcanic ash").  After washing the grey
stuff off my car I went to the park.  Absolutely nothing unusual happened in
the geyser basin.

There was, however, a really cool sunset at Fountain Flats.  The sky was an
amazing pearly yellow.  I still have the pix somewhere.

Paul Strasser