[Geysers] Norris = lots of Quakes in US Saturday & Sunday? (Frangos)

MTSmokey mtsmokey at usadig.com
Thu Sep 23 07:52:17 PDT 2004

Smokey (mtsmokey at usadig.com

    Greetings,

    Although it is always fun to speculate about activity at Norris,
particularly involving "disturbance" activity, it should be remembered
that Norris has "disturbance" activity at many different times and
strengths.  This activity can be Basin wide or localized.  It can occur
at any time of the year.  Personally, I would doubt that the current
earthquake activity in Long Valley is the cause of this current
activity.  The "disturbance" activity at Norris just seems to have a
much longer history than that.
    After the Denali earthquake, the observed thermal changes at Norris
were relatively short-lived.  Timing of those changes was timed almost
exactly to predicted shock arrival times.  I would guess that the same
timing would be difficult to correlate with this current "disturbance"
activity.
    But certainly have a good time with the speculations!!

       Take Care,

          Smokey