[Geysers] Geyser report September 21

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Sep 21 15:54:46 PDT 2004

Equinox, I do believe, and it feels like it. Today, however, with some
sunshine, little wind and no precipitation of any kind, was much better than
yesterday's rain-sleet-snow... This could be my last report of the year, although I
do expect to pay at least a short visit to Old Faithful on Thursday.

No Fan and Mortar since last Thursday-Friday midnight, putting them at over 4
1/2 days.

No Giant, although it continues having moderate (duration 5-8 minutes) hot
periods. Like the one today that had some 3 to 4 foot surging in Mastiff, India
easily covered.

Grand, electronic to visual, was 7h 36m, a G1C. The duration was only 8m 51s,
and it didn't even give a half-hearted try at burst #2.

Castle at 10:15 was a minor, duration 3 to 4 minutes. So the following major
at 13:45 was right "on schedule."

Daisy was reportedly seen just one time in all of yesterday -- but it was
terrible weather -- so it was a touch of a surprise when it had an interval of
just 2h 34m today.

As of 14:30 today, Beehive had not been actually seen since 10:15 on Sunday
-- that's over 52 hours. This does not mean that it hadn't erupted during that
time, but it does imply one or two long intervals -- another right "on time"
... I hope.

A couple of days ago, Great Fountain re-set itself with an interval of around
17 hours. Then yesterday to today there were intervals of (approximately) 11
3/4 hours and then just under 13 hours.

Enjoy.