[Geysers] Giantess

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 19:34:13 PDT 2004

In a message dated 10/14/2004 18:36:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
WHITLEVM at uwec.edu writes:
I looked at the one for Old Faithful on 10/13/04 and looked to see if the
Giantess eruption showed up.  The time scale is in MST, so it was a moment before
I realized that I should look at 11:34 instead of 12:34.  I'm no expert but
the trace looks more active starting at about 11:33:30.  The trace isn't the
impulse type that you see with earthquakes but more like a steady vibration.  Is
that trace likely to be due to the eruption of Giantess?

Probably so -- Giantess does indeed show up on the Old Faithful seismogram.
Rick Hutchinson used to "correct" the start time of Giantess from the visual
report to the helicorder time, which commonly was a little bit before the visual.