[Geysers] Giantess

Carlton Cross CrosCa at wwc.edu
Wed Oct 13 17:33:00 PDT 2004

Relay from Tara Cross

A Message from Tara Cross <Fanandmortar at hotmail.com> Oct 13, 2004

Giantess Geyser erupted today at 1234ns.  I saw the steam cloud
billowing up
as I was walking between Sawmill and Castle after seeing Beehive at
1219.
The first series lasted 22 minutes; the second series started at 1306
with
steam phase at 1311.  So far (as of 1500), the steam phase has died
down but
not really stopped; there is now water mixed with the steam.  A lot of

people were able to come out and see the big part of the eruption on
their
lunch breaks.  We'll be out waiting for the Vault initial this
evening.

--Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com