[Geysers] Echrinus Geyser

Goh83642 at wmconnect.com Goh83642 at wmconnect.com
Wed Oct 6 18:02:17 PDT 2004

I to have watched this Geyser for several years.  Yes it has definitely
become irregular and changed.  One of the things that I've noticed is the thermal
feature directly across the viewing area to the north of Echrinus.  It was just
a small vent several years ago.  It is now venting a tremendous amount of
therms compared to in the past.  This may be venting a large amount of thermal
energy that used to go into Echrinus.  Also, just up the hill, Steamboat has
become much more active over the past few years compared to 8 - 12 years back.
   Just my theory..... but, I'm not an expert.  Just an occasional watcher.
       Gary Henderson