[Geysers] Oblong vs. Giant

Michael Goldberg goldbeml at ucmail.uc.edu
Mon Feb 13 17:38:08 PST 2017

The only hint of a connection I remember were anecdotal, things like
Oblong having a spate of eruptions around the same time at Giant went,
during a year when both were infrequent.  I don't know of a reliable
sympathetic or predictive relationship between them.

Here's an interesting thought.  We all know that Grotto marathon eruptions
deplete water from the Giant platform.  Do they have any influence on
Oblong's intervals?  There might be enough logger data on both Grotto and
Oblong to put that question to the test.  (at least for someone better
at data-set analysis than I am...)

Michael Goldberg
Michael.Goldberg at uc.edu