[Geysers] Geyser Report Thursday, May 26, 2016

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Thu May 26 15:06:32 PDT 2016

Geyser Report Thursday, May 26, 2016

33 degrees at 0730, but last night's precipitation was water, not frost on
the car when I set out.  Intermittent sun, wind, cloud, with jackets going
off and on as the sun appeared or not.

First a correction.  The new boardwalk at Castle does have a "T" at Crested
Pool, but because it was moved further away from Castle, the "T" barely
reaches the location of the prior walkway rather than extending further
behind Castle, so no rainbow advantages.

The prediction signs in the UGB are not being updated until the new
prediction signs are in place.  I like the contrast of the letters to the
background--more visible--but part of that may be because they are new.

No sign of construction yet on the viewpoint for Grand Prismatic, and the
news reported that it would be 2 yr project, with steel bridge lot and
trail closed for the duration.

Lion: initial @ 0934ie frs, 1050, 1203.
Grand: 0930 D0/G2Q
Oblong: 0825ie
Fountain: 0949 frs d=31-1/2min.
Great Fountain: 1023ie GT

Fan and Mortar was reported ie at 1955 last night

Beehive was after I left.

Depression did a couple cycles of fill, flow heavily, and drop deeply
without so much as a bubble from the far vent.

The covered signs at Whiskey Flat(s) were uncovered this afternoon, but the
area remains closed.  Firehole Lake signs remain boarded.

Lots of bison around in meadow areas, but not so many calves yet.
Shooting stars have come out below Lion.  I am enjoying the lush, large
dandelions that are everywhere.

Barbara Lasseter