[Geysers] Geyser Report Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Tue May 24 15:19:24 PDT 2016

Geyser Report Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The weather report for today was dismal, but with sun shining in my window
this AM, I set out--BEST weather day yet!  No rain beyond a couple of
sprinkles all morning.  The hill was windy, so it was chilly when the sun
was obscured by clouds.  After the past week, it was a great day.

The park service is NOT hazing bison into the park from Horse Butte.  Bison
traffic ON the W Entrance road has been minimal, but there are groups in
the Madison Meadows--also a group of elk cows this AM.

A visitor was hit and killed on the W Entrance road this weekend while
crossing to view an eagle.  As I left OF after Grand, I drove carefully
around car parts scattered about from a MVA where the road to the Inn and
lower store joins the OF entrance road W of 3 Sisters. There was a FRS call
this AM announcing "bears" seen along the OF entrance road.

A 4th man (from New Zealand) of the 5 High on Life hikers associated with
the Grand Prismatic tromp now has an arrest warrant.  Canada does not
extradite for  misdemeanors.  They are being asked to turn themselves in
and put it behind them.  No charges to date for filming without a permit.

Beehive: 1034 (Beehive's Indicator Geyser 1018)  [prior was @ 1830 GT
yesterday, 3 minutes prior to the indicator, which started @1833 GT]
Grand: 0548ie GT, 1211 G1C (I did not see Turban prior to the eruption- a
walk up)
Lion: 1142 initial, ve-ery slow starting from that point
Turban: 1212
Vent: 1214
Little Cub ie @ 1028, 1108, 1149
Riverside: 0930ie frs 0915A frs

I saw/heard/felt 3 Doublet thumping cycles while hoping for Aurum--approx
40 min intervals, duration about 5 min--no surprises.

Barbara Lasseter