[Geysers] New feature by Plume

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Mar 17 07:30:29 PDT 2016

I'm glad Mara corrected herself on that business of number features like
Sputnik and Tilt's Baby. Clearly, Tilt's Baby is Tilt coming out of a new
hole,  and that is how it is described; it does not deserve a separate number
or  description. The Sputniks probably represent energy/water that once upon
a  time years ago found egress through North Triplet, but they also show a
relationship to Rift, and in any case, are removed from these other features
by  quite a few feet, distances great enough to merit a separate
description.

So, as for that thing near Plume, how about using GHG-2, at least for  the
time being. The reason I dislike putting a name or other designation on  it
is that I'll be surprised if it becomes a "permanent" feature. Here is my
draft write-up for a new edition of my book (which I think-hope will happed
during 2017:

15.  UNNG-GHG-2  was a ragged hole a few feet to the left of Plume Geyser
(14). During some  seasons in past years, eruptions were frequent and up to 2
feet high, but  erosion and sedimentation obliterated the crater. The
informal name once given  (“Ballcap Geyser”) probably should not be used, since
both the green hat within  the crater and the spring's vent have
disappeared. That geyser was replaced in  the early 2000s by another small geyser in
the same area. It also disappeared  after a brief existence, and now the site
bears several flowing vents, any of  which can unpredictably undergo small
eruptions. Developments in 2015 into 2016  produced a feature that played up
to 2 feet high.

Scott Bryan

In a message dated 3/16/2016 3:39:21 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,