[Geysers] new breakout near Plume Geyser

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Mar 9 11:30:09 PST 2016

Here we go again -- throwing out names hither 'n' yon without coordination.
 It seems fairly clear that "Fandango" is not the thing in the old
"Ballcap" area  near Plume... but now there is a video with that incorrect ID out on
You Tube.  Drat. Clearly, too, that Ballcap-area thing no longer deserves a
name like  "Bottlecap." Sorry.

Thanks, Udo, for suggesting that maybe people ought to dispense with names
unless/until something settles down and deserves a name.

For the record, by the way, that erupting fracture above Scissors -- Pat's
"Fandango" -- is the feature that a few years ago was frequently,
repeatedly and  _very_ wrongly identified as Bench Geyser. It was called on the
radio, so no  doubt got into the logbooks any number of times.

Scott Bryan (who really doesn't _want_ to be The Curmudgeon, but
sometimes...)

In a message dated 3/9/2016 11:09:48 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,