[Geysers] Geyser Report Thursday, June 23, 2016

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 19:32:05 PDT 2016

Geyser Report Thursday, June 23, 2016

I let myself get out of the habit of making a report, and my lapse just
dragged on.  I'm alive and well!  I had a couple of days in the lower basin
with just Great Fountain and Fountain (and associated geysers) to report, &
a couple of days getting some automotive work done.

The cow parsnips have started blooming.  The chives between Sawmill and
Lion smell lovely and seem to have tight buds, but no blooms yet.  One of
the seldom seen porcupines became roadkill just N of Whiskey Flat.

For all my bragging about how the cars parked along the roadway at Midway
were obeying the no parking areas, today I saw a half dozen southbound cars
parked on the northbound side of the road.  Guess they wouldn't have seen
the "no parking for the next mile" sign since they came from the opposite
direction.

I had great geyser viewing today.

Beehive: 1205
Beehive's Indicator Geyser: 1207--another "no indicator" start, and the
indicator       lasted just a couple of minutes.  Lots of wind, but I
stayed dry, and the sunny       Beehive eruption was beautiful with a
curtain drifting well across the hill.
Grand: 1300 D0/G1C
Fountain: 0807
Great Fountain: 0859 P=0  "superb" burst at the start, and diamonds of
water in the sunshine

In high winds, I did not see or hear anything about Daisy all morning.
Those winds have been prevalent this week and hats are everywhere!

Fan and Mortar was Monday, June 20 @1248, so we'll soon be on watch again.

And, YES, the park seems to be seeing record numbers of visitors.  Heading
home at mid-day earlier this week, the southbound cars trying to turn into
Fountain Paint Pot parking were backed up beyond the turn lane, blocking
traffic which, as a consequence, was backed up beyond Thud--well across the
flat.

Barbara Lasseter