[Geysers] GeyserTimes (Relay from Heinrich Koenig)

Carlton Cross Carlton.Cross at wallawalla.edu
Mon Jul 18 21:08:33 PDT 2016

I have an app available for beta testing. It's just a viewer, and will display the latest information from the GeyserTimes server for selected geysers. (You can select your favorites.) It will also display a summary page on your "notifications" page, accessible from the lock screen or by swiping down from the top. And if you have the bandwidth, you can directly display the live webcam view from within the app.

The next enhancement to the app will be support for timers, graphic timelines and then a watch interface. Also planning to add in some weather forecasts from "forecast.io" website, along with sunrise/moonrise info (including eclipses). Eventually will add in the ability to enter data into the servers.

I'm also looking into making an AppleTV version which would show the webcam along with server updates.

It will sort of work on iPads, but I haven't put any effort into making it look pretty there. That can change if there's a demand for it. If you do use the app, info on problems would be helpful, along with screenshots and descriptions of what you thought you were trying to do. Can't fix the bugs if I don't know they are there.

Using it requires that you have the latest version of iOS on your device. Download the "Testflight" app from Apple from the iTunes App Store, and that you give me an email address associated with the device(s) on which you want to run the app. The builds will expire after 60 days. This app will not be available through the iTunes store, just through me, for now. Please contact me and I can send you further information.

Heinrich Koenig
hkoenig at sputs.com<mailto:hkoenig at sputs.com>