[Geysers] Geyser Report Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 13:03:32 PDT 2016

Geyser Report Tuesday, August 16, 2016

In West Yellowstone the smoke from the fires was significantly worse
starting late yesterday.  This morning I had ashes on my car.  It was
enough to cause me to look twice at the rosy color on the skyline in order
to assure myself it was the sunrise.  The smoke lessened as I got further
into the park.

The highlight of the day was seeing both an Atomizer major (0946) and the
start of Artemisia (1021 d=20m) in less than an hour of waiting.

At Artemisia, more "lincoln log" barricades have been installed, extending
across the entire wall and back 3-4 feet from the edge.  Only 1 of the
warning signs on the logs remains, however.  From my observations, the new
logs are being seen more as a rustic bench than as a barricade.

Beehive: 0828 (Bob Bailey), following yesterday's 1446
Beehive's Indicator Geyser: 0805 following yesterday's 1438
Grand: 0721 (Jim Scheirer)
Fountain: 0656ie, 1206 D=30m
Morning's Thief: 1207, 1210 (the 2nd one very impressive)
Great Fountain 0358E following yesterday's 1525ie time
Pink: 1113ie

A weather front Th-Fr is forecast to drop temperatures and bring a bit of
rain.  Both should help the fire situation.  The weekend should be fine
weather.

Barbara Lasseter